Pages

Thursday 28 January 2010

My first post!

This is my very first post! My aim with this blog is to provide useful information for postgraduate and particularly PhD students in New Testament and Patristics studies.

What will make this blog unique? I will report on events, discussions and insights from scholars in and around Cambridge - UK; Nijmegen - the Netherlands; and at some stage also from two universities in Germany (to be announced later).

To give you a taster, I have recently had interesting conversations in Cambridge with prof Donald Hagner (emeritus from Fuller in the USA), prof Leander Keck (emeritus from Yale in the USA) and prof Richard Bauckham (emeritus from St Andrews in Scotland). I also attended the inaugural lecture of prof Judith Lieu at Cambridge University. Exciting stuff!

At the moment, I'm doing research at Tyndale House in Cambridge in preparation for a PhD which I hope to start sometime later this year. My research interest is particularly focused on resurrection in 1 Corinthians.

Will be nice to meet some new friends with mutual interests.

To find out more about me, you're welcome to look at my profile.

5 comments:

Steve said...

I'm looking forward to your future blogs - I appreciate all your input over the years my Brother!!

Unknown said...

Hi Frederik,

That building in the background seems all too familiar to me!! It must be the Erasmus building in Nijmegen! I wish you all the best of luck in your PhD and in my old hometown. And....do not be a stranger in Durham !?

greetings,

Gwynned

Frederik Mulder said...

Steve - thanx for the kind words.

Gwynned, thanx for the good wishes! Will keep you posted.

Frederik

Frederik Mulder said...

Gwynned, Nijmegen is beautiful: both ancient and modern.

Keep me informed about your research please.

Frederik

francois mulder said...

Hi Frederik, I believe your blog will be an important part of my weekly reading.Blessings!